The Woodland Passage collection is inspired by my adventures in the forest as a child and embodies the warmth and nostalgia of happy memories. I am inspired by the different layers of the forest and the different personalities and textures between the forest floor, the understory, the canopy, and the emergent layer.
Life in the understory is an illustration of strength and resilience, of keeping watch for opportunity and seizing it when it appears. It’s an illustration of pausing to take advantage of small growth opportunities while aiming for greatness.
The Ascent collection uses simple textures, punctuated by a mesh lace that mimics light being let in to allow the pattern to grow. The short-repeat stitch patterns create a meditative quality that allows you to reflect on the growth catalysts in your own journey, while the changing textures build momentum to spur you onto your next knitting adventure.
- Yarn Maker: Malabrigo
- Yarn Base: Sock
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino
- Weight: Light Fingering / 3-ply
- Put-Up: 440 yds / 402m per 3.53oz / 100g skein
- Number of Skeins Required: 2
- Length Required: 633 yds / 580m
- Colorway: Violeta Africana
Gauge in 4″ / 10cm
- Stockinette on Larger Needles, Washed: 24 sts & 40 rows
- To produce a soft drape, an even rib and open lace.
- One 40″ (100cm) circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge
- Designer Used: US5 / 3.75mm
- 4 removable stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Optional: Crochet hook and waste yarn to provisionally cast on the garter tab
- Wingspan: 60″ / 152cm
- Center Depth: 28″ / 71cm
Click on linked text to visit the tutorial.
- Optional: Crocheted Provisional Cast On
- Garter Tab Cast On
Bind Off & Finishing
- Russian Bind Off
Photography by Erik Holladay-McCann of Holladay Photography
Photography by Amanda Leah Guthrie of Atlas Knits