These gauntlets were designed to coordinate with the GAP-tastic Cowl by Jen Geigley and Autumn by Jane Richmond.
The gauntlets are knit in the round using primarily seed stitch, which makes a thick, plush fabric for warm and cozy hands. Since they are created using a super bulky yarn and US13 needles, they knit up quickly and are great for gift-giving season.
- Yarn Maker: Loops & Threads
- Yarn Base: Cozy
- Fiber Content: 50% Wool / 50% Acrylic
- Weight: Super Bulky
- Put-Up: 90 yds / 82 m per 4.48oz / 127g skein
- Number of Skeins Required: 1
- Length Required: 65 yds / 59m
Gauge in 4″ / 10cm
- Seed Stitch, Washed: 8 sts & 16 rounds
- To produce an even seed stitch
- One set of double pointed needles or a 40″ / 100cm circular needle for magic loop in size needed to obtain gauge
- Designer Used: US13 / 9.0mm
- Waste yarn or stitch holder for thumb stitches
- Yarn Needle
- Circumference: 8″ / 20cm
- Total Length: 9.25″ / 23.5cm
- Wrist To Bottom Of Thumb Length: 4″ / 10cm
Click on linked text to visit the tutorial.
- Long Tail Cast On
Bind Off & Finishing
- 1×1 Rib Bind Off
Photography by Amanda Leah Guthrie of Atlas Knits