The mitts are knit in the round using primarily seed stitch, which makes a thick, plush fabric for warm and cozy hands. Since they are created using a super bulky yarn and US13 / 9mm needles, they knit up quickly and are great for gift-giving season.
- 1 set of 6 in / 15 cm double-pointed needle or preferred small round knitting method in size needed to obtain listed gauge
- Designer Used: US 13 / 9 mm
- Stitch holder or waste yarn to hold thumb stitches
- 1 yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Circumference: 8" / 20 cm
- Wrist to Start of Thumb Gusset Length: 4" / 10 cm
- Wrist To Fingers Length: 9.25" / 23.5 cm
Construction & Schematic
These mitts are worked in the round. Increases for a thumb gusset are worked, and then the thumb stitches are placed on a holder to be picked up and worked after the body of the mitt. The pattern can be easily modified to make them longer by adding more rounds (in increments of 2 rounds) in the seed stitch before the thumb gusset for a longer wrist/arm length or after the thumb gusset for a longer upper hand length.