The Woodland Passage collection is inspired by my adventures in the forest as a child and embodies the warmth and nostalgia of happy memories. I am inspired by the different layers of the forest and the different personalities and textures between the forest floor, the understory, the canopy, and the emergent layer.
Terra Firma is a series within a larger collection. Terra Firma is inspired by moss, pinecones, and leaves that you see on the forest floor, and the diamonds symbolize the interconnected path of how our past leads us to the present.
- Yarn Maker: Palouse Yarn Company
- Yarn Base: Cashmere Squeeze
- Fiber Content: 75% Merino Wool, 15% Cashmere Goat, 10% Silk
- Weight: Fingering / 4-Ply
- Put-Up: 400 yds / 366m per 4oz / 113g skein
- Number of Skeins Required: 2
- Length Required: 503 yds / 460m
- Colorway: Unknown
Gauge in 4″ / 10cm
- Width of Scarf: 9.5″ / 24cm
- 20 Row Pattern Repeat: 2.5″ / 6cm
- To produce a soft drape, even rib, and open lace.
- One 16″ / 40cm circular needle (or straight needle pair) to obtain listed gauge
- One 16″ / 40cm circular needle (or straight needle pair) +1mm larger than needles used to obtain gauge
- Designer Used: US6 (4.0mm) and US8 (5.0mm)
- Waste yarn or large stitch holder
- 4.0mm crochet hook for provisional cast on
- 2 removable stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- One Size, Length Adjustable By Working More/Fewer Repeats on Each Side
- Length: 45″ / 114cm
- Width: 9.5″ / 24cm
Click on linked text to visit the tutorial.
- Judy’s Magic Cast On
- Sl wyif
Bind Off & Finishing
- Icord Bind Off
Photography by Amanda Leah Guthrie of Atlas Knits