Windswept Skies Shawl Pattern
Knitting Pattern Download
- One 24 in / 60 cm circular needle in size needed to obtain listed gauge
- Designer Used: US 5 / 3.75 mm
- 2 stitch markers to keep track of row sections
- Scale that measures 1 gram or fewer increments
- 1 yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Smooth waste yarn for provisional cast on
Gauge in 4" / 10 cm
- 24-row repeat height, washed and stretched: 2.5" / 6 cm
- Edging depth, washed and stretched: 6.5" / 17 cm
- Stockinette, unwashed
: 28 sts and 40 rows
- Wingspan: 40" / 102 cm
- Center Back: 9" / 23 cm
- Wingspan: 60" / 152 cm
- Center Back: 13.75" / 35 cm
Construction & Schematic
This shawl is cast on with an i-cord cast on and is worked side-to-side.
Increases are worked to create depth.
The shawl is then worked straight with no increases.
Decreases are worked to create symmetry.
The amount of yarn used is adjustable for the increase, center, and decrease sections to achieve a longer wingspan or a deeper shawl. Check photos to see possible shapes for your shawl depending on the number of increases worked.
Schematic for One- and Two-Skein Samples
Schematic for seeing how repeats change wingspan and depth
Copyright © 2023 Atlas Knits LLC. All Rights Reserved. No part of this pattern may be displayed, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means without express permission granted in writing by Atlas Knits LLC. Class use and/or translations of this pattern and its contents are only allowed with the express written permission of Atlas Knits LLC. Purchasing this pattern constitutes agreement to these terms. Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this pattern, Atlas Knits LLC and the contributors assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions. Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of information contained herein.